Funded entirely by donations and operated solely by volunteers, our no-kill shelter currently homes over 600 dogs and cats, many of whom have been abused, abandoned or literally tossed away. Teams of volunteers work with the animals two shifts a day, 365 days a year, providing them with a safe and caring environment until we can place them in permanent, loving homes. Over the years we have matched thousands of lucky animals with equally lucky families.
WHAT WE’RE PROUD OF
- 100% no-kill shelter for abandoned cats and dogs. Every animal has a chance.
- Run solely by volunteers. STAF has no paid employees. From the folks responsible for the animals’ day-to-day care to those who fundraise, maintain the building, and serve on our board of directors; all volunteers, all here out of pure love for the animals, all paid with purrs, tail wags and the simple satisfaction of knowing that we’re making a difference.
- Private, non-profit organization funded completely by donations and fund-raisers. The shelter receives no government funding, nor does it spend any money on salaries. All goes directly to the animals.
- Top-notch care. All our animals are fed a high-quality diet, receive regular visits by a core network of dedicated vets, and their living areas are cleaned twice a day, every day. Every incoming animal receives a thorough exam and appropriate vaccinations before being admitted into the shelter population. All of our animals are spayed or neutered in keeping with our philosophy of promoting responsible pet ownership.
- Individual attention. Much more than room and board, STAF goes the extra mile to give our animals the individual attention they need and deserve. Off-site obedience training, home-like quiet rooms for one-on-one time, and a volunteer/dog mentor program are just a few of the initiatives that ensure a high quality of shelter life for our dogs. On the cat side, ongoing programs such as “Feline Guardian Angels” and “Brush-n-Fluff” days are designed to socialize our cats to human touch and give volunteers and kitties some special quality time.
If you’ve got room in your heart and home, we’ve got some friends we’d like you to meet! Our shelter currently homes 50 wonderful dogs and more than 500 spectacular cats. Short hair, long hair, big and small, young and “seasoned”, playful and laidback, all here waiting for that special someone!
We’re very proud of our animals and are thrilled that you’re considering our shelter when adding a member to your family. When an animal comes to STAF, we commit to giving that animal a lifetime of care and love. When we pass that responsibility onto another through an adoption, our goal is to place the animal in a long-term, loving home.
Our adoption process, fine-tuned over 20 years of successfully placing animals in their forever homes, includes an application and informal interview with a STAF volunteer who will work with you one-on-one to find the perfect fit for your family and lifestyle. This volunteer will introduce you to animals, share background and health information, and tell you about each animal’s personality and special traits and talents.
Our normal adoption hours are Thursdays 6-8 pm and Saturdays 1-4 pm at 4011 Redbank Road, Cincinnati, Ohio. Please review our event calendar to verify hours for the week. Our regular adoption fees are $40 for cats and $125 for dogs.
One of STAF’s special residents is just waiting to meet YOU!
COME VISIT US!
We proudly open our shelter to the public several times a year during our Open House events. Stop on by, tour the shelter, meet our fabulous and adorable animals, maybe even fall in love!
Join us at STAF’s next Open House or fundraising event. Hope to see you there!