Meet Our Adoptable Dogs!
We are so grateful to all the wonderful dog-loving folks who visit our shelter every week in search of four-legged family member. But with traffic increasing and our physical space and volunteer-base remaining the same, we are experiencing some growing pains!
In an effort to accommodate as many families as possible, reduce wait time and provide each family with the personal attention they deserve, we are now scheduling our Saturday appointments. Please contact adoptadog@STAF.org to schedule an appointment. We often experience a high-volume of inquiries; thank you for your patience as our volunteers respond and offer appointments in the order requests are received. Saturday walk-ins are welcome as space allows, but please note that we are often fully booked beforehand.
Our application and interview process is designed to help us help you find the best dog-match for your family and lifestyle. You’ll start by filling out an application, which you can get at the shelter or download here. (Please complete, print out, and bring with you.) Please also arrive with a list of any specific dogs you’re interested in meeting. Please expect to make 2 or 3 return visits to our shelter before proceeding to an official adoption. We will work with you to schedule these visits throughout the week as your schedule and that of our adoption volunteers allow.
If you want to take a dog home TODAY …
STAF doesn’t offer same day adoptions, but consider visiting your local SPCA or one of the many other private rescue groups listed on Petfinder.com who offer same-day adoption.
If you just want to walk through and look at our dogs …
Due to insurance restrictions, we’re not able to let visitors walk through our shelter to meet our dogs. And actually, we find that they make a better impression when you meet them one-on-one in one of our yards or adoption rooms. We are, however, very proud of our kennel area, which gets cleaned twice a day by our morning and evening volunteers. If you’d like to tour the facilities, please consider attending a volunteer orientation or visiting during one of our Open House dates.
Please remember …
Our shelter has no paid staff, so please treat the volunteers kindly. We will do our very best to assist you in finding a furever friend. As a private shelter, we reserve the right not to adopt to homes that we feel are not in line with our policies and philosophies. In the case of multiple families interested in adopting the same dog, we will give precedence to the home we feel is the best match for that dog.
Above all else, THANK YOU for considering a STAF dog as part of your search for the perfect family member!
- Adoption hours are on Saturdays 11am-2pm at 4011 Red Bank Rd., Cincinnati
- Our adoption interviews are scheduled by appointment, on the hour, starting at 11am on a first come, first served basis.
- An application can be downloaded here or filled out at the shelter during adoption hours (we strongly recommend completing the application in advance of coming to STAF in order to optimize your visit).
- A personal visit to the shelter is required.
- Our adoption fee is $175.
- We can facilitate adoptions within a 150-mile radius of our Cincinnati shelter.
- We require a physical fence for homes with children under the age of 11 (sorry – no invisible fences).
- For specific questions or other general information, please email us.
To learn more about a specific dog, please click on the dog’s photo below to see his/her Petfinder profile.